Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pray for this week

“Walk humbly before your God.” What does it mean to be humble?

Being humble is the opposite of being proud. Pride says “I have done it all myself.” Humility says “Every good gift I have was given to me by God.” Pride says “I am the king of the world.” Humility says “Jesus Christ is King of Kings and Lord of Lords and I am His servant.”

Pride says “I am the best.” Humility says “Let me prefer others above myself and give to others.” Pride and selfishness say “It is all about me.” Humility says “My time on earth is short; let God love others through me.” Pride says “What has been given to me is all for me to use and enjoy.” Humility and love say “What has been given to me is for me to bless others as well as to enjoy.”

It is not easy being humble. The Bible says, “Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made Himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death — even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:5 - 11

So, this week, let us pray and ask God

* To help us love Him and love others and be humble and not proud
* To think of others more than our self
* To bless and keep and protect all of us

THANK YOU so much for your prayers. God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life. God knows everything about you and He loves you so much He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die for your sins and my sins. You can go to bed every night knowing that our Father in heaven loves you very much.

May God bless you

No comments: