What does it mean to grow as a Christian? When you first accept Jesus Christ as your savior, you are like a little baby spiritually. You may be 60 years old — you may be 20 years old — but you may be like a little child as a Christian.
So how do you grow? We have identified 6 key areas you can grow as a Christian.
1. Know God — Be sure you are a Christian; know about God; know about Jesus Christ
2. New Life — Be filled with the Holy Spirit; have your life changed by Christ in you
3. Prayer — Talk with God daily; spend time with Him and worship Him
4. Bible — Learn and study God’s word; be changed by its transforming power
5. Community — Be a part of a good church; spend times connecting with other Christians
6. Share — Tell others about the good news of Jesus Christ; see others come to Jesus Christ. God will help you grow as a Christian, but you must take the first steps. Spend time with God; learn about Him; study His word; talk with Him; be filled with His Spirit; join a good church; tell others about Jesus. God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.
So, this week, let us pray that
* God will help you grow into maturity as a Christian
* God will protect and bless all of us
* God will help you reach others for Jesus Christ